The Egyptian journalist Mahmoud Elsobky and the Palestinian television reporter and former UN employee Fady Al Ghorra spent a year searching, undercover, for online violent jihadist propaganda. How is it spread and how the phenomenon evolves now that ISIS is military - almost - defeated.
ONLINE (In English)
- Part 1: Chat Jihad. How jihadist propaganda dominated the internet, Mo.be - 20/02/2018.
- Part 2: Of fan boys and soldiers - how ISIS perfected jihadist propaganda, Mo.be, 22/02/2018.
- Part 3: Attractive brutality: why terrorist propaganda appeals to people, Mo.be, 21/03/2018.
- Part 4: No such thing as a lone wolf - inside the jihadist recruitment machine, Mo.be, 22/03/2018.
- Part 5: Terrorism and tech - Silicon Valley’s violent propaganda headache, Mo.be, 4/04/2018.
- Part 6: Countering the jihadist narrative - the future of the War on Terror, Mo.be, 06/04/2018.
need resources for your own investigative story?
Journalismfund.eu’s flexible grants programmes enable journalists to produce relevant public interest stories with a European mind-set from international, national, and regional perspectives.
support independent cross-border investigative journalism
We rely on your support to continue the work that we do. Make a gift of any amount today.