DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO - On the eve of postponed Congolese elections, two Congolese and two Belgian film-makers are working on a film about Kinshasa and its resistance to the legacies of colonialism. The four filmmakers want to tell a story together.
However, they grew up on different sides of history, and therefore have different ideas about how they would approach it. What should the movie look like? Who should appear in it? Who is the film made for?
"Faire-part" is the search of four filmmakers for a way to portray the city. By filming artistic performances in public spaces, they paint a provocative image of Kinshasa and its relationships with the rest of the world.
- Cinéma Aventure, Brussels, Belgium, 23/09/2019.
- WORLD SOLIDARITIES, IUAES, Poznan, Poland, 27-31/08/2019.
- OUR HOUSE IS YOUR HOUSE - Acud - Berlin, Germany, 15/08/2019.
- DURBAN IFF - Kznsa, South-Africa, 23/07/2019.
- DURBAN IFF - Pretoria, South-Africa, 19/07/2019.
- CIFF, Goma, DRC, 8/07/2019.
(WINNER BEST DOCUMENTARY FILM)
- FILAF, Perpignan, France, 17.06 - 20.06.2019.
- HOLLAND FESTIVAL, Het Ketelhuis, Amsterdam,14.06.2019.
- Cafe Congo, Brussels, Belgium, 11/06/2019.
- Het Bos, Antwerp, Belgium, 9/06/2019.
- FREIBURGER FILM FORUM, Kommunales Kino , Freiburg, Germany, 29/05/2019.
- RENCONTRES AFRIQUE EN DOCS , Lille, France, 28/05/2019.
- #SOKL, Het Bos, Antwerp, Belgium 09/05 - 10/05/2019.
- FESTIVAL DU FILM EUROPÉENNE, Kinshasa, Lubumbashi en Mwanda, DRC, 11.05 - 23/05/2019.
- EMAF, Osnabrück, Germany, 26/04 - 28/04/2019.
- HOT DOCS, TIFF Bell Lightbox, Toronto, Canada, 25/04 - 26/04/2019.
- SAME SAME BUT DIFFERENT, Vooruit, Ghent, Belgium 20.02.2019.
- AFROPOLITAN, Bozar, Brussels, Belgium, 10/02/2019.
- BRUSSELS ART FILM FESTIVAL, ISELP, Brussels, Belgium, 19/11/2018.
- BRUSSELS ART FILM FESTIVAL Cinematek, Brussels, Belgium, 18/11/2018.
(WINNER DISCOVERY AWARD)
- BÂTARD FESTIVAL, Beursschouwburg, Brussels, Belgium, 01/11/2018.
need resources for your own investigative story?
Journalismfund Europe's flexible grants programmes enable journalists to produce relevant public interest stories with a European mind-set from international, national, and regional perspectives.
support independent cross-border investigative journalism
We rely on your support to continue the work that we do. Make a gift of any amount today.