Event - Webdox: web documentary development lab (Ghent)
Doc Hothouse is the follow up of Doc Jam and Dox & Tech Lab. In this three-day development lab you can build your interactive web documentary idea into a technically strong concept, supported by a tight business model and distribution strategy.
The best ideas will be developed to projects ready for production. The primary goal of Doc Hothouse is to help participants find a commercial strategy and business model. This is done through several methods such as lateral thinking and brainstorming sessions, individually and via group sessions. The highlight of Doc Hothouse is a pitching session where the teams present their projects to each other and to the mentors. The teams recieve useful feedback on the creative and business potential of their ideas and how to get funding for their research.
Journalismfund.eu is one of the mentors. Pitch your documentary idea to the organisation and get advice on how to make your idea more eligible for funding and increase your chances of getting a working grant from the organisation.
Mark Atkin, Producer, Head of Crossover
Mark worked with film and TV producers and directors, games developers and web designers, preparing them to become the multiplatform producers of tomorrow, through labs and workshops such as The Independent Producers' Toolkit and Devise to Deliver. Mark is also Head of Studies of the Documentary Campus Masterschool, a programme for the development of documentary producers and directors across Europe who would like to gain success on the international market. Next to this Mark is a independent producer, having been commissioned by BBC, Channel 4 and international networks over the past three years.
What’s in it for you?
- Presentations by speakers with specific expertise and creative entrepreneurs who are facing similar challenges
- Facilitated discussions
- The use of tools applicable to your own project
- Sessions with mentors where participants are assisted in shaping a business plan based on new products and services.
During Doc Hothouse you will learn:
- The new features of convergent cross platform markets;
- A framework in which you can analyze the strengths and weaknesses of your project to develop a strong strategy;
- Which professionals from other sectors (eg accounting, technical, ...) you should talk to;
- To experiment with new business models;
- IP and contractual issues;
- Business development analysis;
- Relationship Modelling.
10, 11 and 12 October 2013
Early bird: €280
After 31 August: €350
Find all information and register here.